SEO, I Found You on Page 2 of Google… I found you on the 2nd page of Google…

Said no one.

Most people searching for the solution to their problem will refine their search if they don’t see a suitable result on the 1st page. From a psychological stand point, authority is assumed to be found on Page 1.

Typically, out of 100% clicks on any given search, 15% are on the Google ads and the other 85% on the organic results below (Google maps “3 pack and the 10 results below the Google ads). The top 5 results receive almost 70% of the clicks!


First Page Compared To Later Pages

If you feel disappointed by any of your traffic values, find out where your keyword is currently ranking. It is much more useful to have a ranking on page one than on a later page. This becomes obvious when you consider how few searches end up at the later results pages. According to Moz, the first page of Google captures 71% of search traffic clicks and has been reported to be as high as 92% in recent years. Second-page results are far from a close second coming in at below 6% of all website clicks.

Furthermore, you need to include ads and searches without clicks in the equation. Only 15% of traffic clicks on an ad or tries a different search. The remaining 85% clicks on results, according to Zero Limit Web. However, this does not mean that you necessarily have a good chance of receiving any of this traffic if you appear on the first page. You need to be near the top: The first five results receive 67.6% of clicks, whereas the remaining five just receive 3.73%.”

Organic SEO – Where do you want to be?

Based on the data mentioned above, where are the best spots to be on a 1st page search results?

  1. Google Maps 3 pack result
  2. Top 3 organic results
  3. Top 5 organic results
  4. Top 10 Organic results

Ideally, you would want to have Google Maps 3 pack listing as well as multiple reference listed in the Top 5 organic (ie. combination of website URLs, Social Media, Video, etc.) This lends to your company’s authority and delivers brand awareness. Do this for several keyword searches for your geo-location and you will have a leg up on your competition.

Need help with your SEO, contact us today for a FREE Strategy Session – CLICK HERE

Related blog post: How To Be Found Online

Do you answer YES to any of these questions…

  • Is your website a “billboard in the desert”?
  • Are you struggling to get found online?
  • Are you competitors on Page 1?
  • Need more phone calls and customers?
  • Not getting SEO results?

SEO, I Found You on Page 2 of Google…